Senior Android Developer
We are looking for a developer responsible for the development and maintenance of our Android app. Your primary focus will be the development of new features and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside designers and other engineers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving is essential.
We're on a mission to connect, empower, and celebrate women through technology. We love the magical moments that come out of bringing together the right people at the right time for the right goal. We live to make products that make people's lives better, and while we work hard, we have a lot of fun doing it.
Beyond making great products for the unique needs of women, we're building a company that understands those needs and is designed around what works best for us, too. No startup bro BS.
We believe in inclusivity, curiosity, and generosity. Cheers, compliments, and celebration are our fuel, and our mission is simply changing the world. Easy enough, right?
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Experience with Java and Kotlin
- Experience or interest in React Native and GraphQL
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services
- Experience working with third-party integrations
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with Git and continuous integration